Problem with our Outlook Anywhere on a Windows XP SP machine with Office 2010. I've enabled Outlook Anywhere on our Exchange servers and it works great on a Domain joined Windows 7 machine with Office 2010. But I've now installed Office 2010 on a Domain Joined Windows XP SP3 machine, but it doesn't seem to work. It tells me that Outlook is not able to connect to the Exchange servers.
When I use the http://testexchangeconnectivity.com site to test the Outlook Anywhere connectivity all goes well (on the same Windows XP machine). There isn't any problem to connect.
The solution is:
The problem actually was in my SAN certificate, mainly on the Subject Alternative Names field. Go Daddy did put on that field as 1st line not mail.domainname.ee put domainname.com. So Exchange was presenting itself to XP machines wrongly and it seems that XP is not willing to look at next lines on a SAN certificate. Windows 7 thou does it, therefore that problem never happened on Windows 7. So after I used that command:
Set-OutlookProvider EXPR -CertPrincipalName:"msstd:mail.EgyEng.com"